Fields of interest:
I have several research interests in the intersection between geology, climate change and energy.I am especially interested in geologic carbon sequestration and how fluid-gas-rock reactions can lead to secure and permanent sequestration of industrial carbon dioxide., Currently, I am working in three overlapping areas:, • CO2-water-rock interactions and reactive flow in deep aquifers, • Fluid flow and solute transport in saturated media, • Subsurface fluid injection and geomechanical stability of reservoir rocks.
Some of my projects include:
- Secure and long-term sequestration of industrial carbon dioxide in calcium-magnesium silicate rocks
- Big Sky Carbon Sequestration Partnership (www.bigskyco2.org)
- Mineral carbon dioxide sequestration into basalt - The CarbFix Project, Iceland (www.carbfix.com)
- Natural carbon sequestration in ophiolite peridotites - Rates and mechanism of serpentinization and carbonation
- Permanent carbon dioxide sequestration in ocean sediments: flow-through reactor studies